Wednesday, August 27, 2008

No More Pencils, No More Books

Now that I'm finally done with grad school, I have some time for the pressing matters at hand, namely, September issues of magazines. I started with the September Vogue last night. Some of the adverts were divine. I'm thinking of buying one of those printer/scanner/copier jobs since they're reasonable now (I think), so if I do, I will try to make some scans. I'm not sure how to show these advertisements otherwise.
While I perused, Wilson watched some telenovela, stealing glances as me every once in a while. I'm sure he thought that I was crazy as I waded my way through 400 pages of ads until I got to the editor's letter and the first short article. I still glanced at every page though.

How do you read magazines? Front to back? Back to front? Do you check the table of contents and go directly to those sections and features of interest?

No comments: