Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sunglasses: handbags for your face

According to this NYT article, sunglasses are the new handbags. People are spending more $$ on designer brands for their faces than for over their shoulders. Why? "It-bag fatigue," the article says. "Women have bought more bags in recent years than they can store in their closets."

So it's not just Nicole. There seems to be a nationwide movement to de-clutter. I, for one, have fantasies about getting rid of everything and moving into one of these:



But like, a girl's gotta have SOME shoe storage. Let's be reasonable here.

So will I be spending $350 on this luxury accessory? No, because I'll probably sit on them. You can sit on a designer bag and chances are the bag will be ok. You can sit on designer jeans and they actually like it! Besides, wouldn't you have to buy a new bag to put all your new sunglasses in, anyway?

(Photo credits: sunglasses - marcjacobs.com; tiny pre-fab house - weehouse.com)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Yea! I was totally going to comment on that article. I think it makes a lot of sense in some ways because if you wanted to have SOMETHING Chanel, sunglasses at $300 are more attainable than handbags at $2500. Of course, you could be like me and get the perfume for a paltry $60.

I feel like I should make a joke about sitting on something, but it's just not coming. You know who loves you girl.

Anonymous said...

wow gold
aoc gold
压片机
google排名
温州网站建设
温州网站推广
搜索引擎优化
温州网站建设
温州网页设计
温州网页制作
制袋机、无纺机
塑料制袋机、小型塑料制袋机
无纺布制袋机、全自动无纺布制袋机
三边封制袋机,塑料薄膜制袋机
集装袋
全自动切台
切卷机
标牌,工号牌
马口铁徽章、奖牌
钥匙扣,开瓶器
校徽,校牌