Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I said I wouldn't, but I did. Plus, that's haute.

A while back---July, maybe? June? I bought a fab purple Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Mini in Deep Purple. It's a lovely bag, but today is the first day I've carried it. Why the wait? Right after buying it, I realized there were hooks for a strap. I went back to the store to inquire about the strap, and I was told it had to be purchased seperately from the website. Seriously? So I order it the next day, and I tell myself when it arrives I'll begin carrying the bag. Yeah. I'm still waiting on that. Cory from Rebecca Minkoff sent me a polite email about a month ago apologizing and asking if I still wanted the strap, which I thought was nice, but it brings a good deal of attention to the fact that I still haven't received it after nearly four months.

I just looked it up. The original post, from June 6, is here. It looks like I must have bought it June 8.

Anyway, be forewarned. Rebecca Minkoff bags are not cheap, but if you want the leather strap, you're going to have the shell out another $35 and wait up to four months. Maybe I should have just gone with a Haute Metal Handbag.


Designed by Wheeling, WV native (currently living in Washington, DC) Jillian Joseph, Haute Metal gives you the underground/emerging designer feel of the Minkoff, but you know girlfriend's not going to skimp on the details.

I love the woven handles of this bag!

Joseph has been featured in Daily Candy, Atlanta, and hopefully, I'll get a chance to interview her soon!

(Pictured: Haute Metal via hautemetal.com)

No comments: