Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Tale of Two Marcs + 101!

I've just started looking at some of the Spring 2009 runway looks from NY Fashion week. Of course the first designer I gravitate toward is Marc Jacobs. After seeing both his Marc Jacobs Collection (shown first) and Marc by Marc (shown second), I am not sure if I have a definitive opinion. Here are some looks from both (via New York Magazine online).
I think for the most part I like the shapes and ideas presented in Jacobs 100 plus offerings. If I don't look chubby, I may consider coupling a blazer with loose shorts this spring. Having the exact opposite of model proportions can make trends tricky however. Bright blue was seen in both collections, which makes me think that it'll be one of the big colors for spring. I especially like the MbM dress, but mostly because that cut is flattering on me.

Have you been looking at any of the Spring 2009 runway shows?

Also, I nearly forgot to mention, this marks the 101st post! Hooray! Thanks for reading thus far--more updates and fabulosity to come!

No comments: