Monday, September 21, 2009

September Madness!

If you're like me, you always feel a little left out of NCAA's March Madness with all those brackets and co-workers with different picks and whatnot. Well, here's a contest I'm interested in. Shop It To Me is having a Battle of the Brands, where designers brands face off against each other. There were a couple of upsets in Round 1, so I'm excited to see how Round 2 plays out.

Here are Week 1 stats:

Winner 1: L.A.M.B, 55% (Alexander Wang, 45%)
Winner 2: BCBG, 64% (Black Halo, 36%)
Winner 3: Rag & Bone, 80% (Phillip Lim, 20%)
Winner 4: Diane Von Furstenberg, 79% (Rebecca Minkoff, 21%)

Cannot believe A. Wang went down, but I'm kind of happy to see Rebecca Minkoff lose because I've been waiting over a year for a leather strap I purchased (when you had to buy them separately with the MAB and MAB mini bags).


I'm curious to see who would move forward in Vince vs. Splendid because both have some great modal cotton separates, but... I'll save my opinion for after--don't want to sway your vote! Elizabeth and James and Alice and Olivia are also a really nice match up, but I think its obvious whom I'm going with.

Weekly contests are entered to win a Marc by Marc accessory--not too shabby. Last week's winner won a key fob, which I think is a nice gift, because sometimes you want a classy key fob, but who wants to spend over $5 for a keychain (even if you call it a fob). Srsly.

So if you want to play, go to Shop It To Me Battle of the Brands Round 2.
  • Must be a Shop It To Me subscriber to win. (Signing up only takes 2 minutes! Just visit www.shopittome.com.)
  • Votes must be in by this Friday, 9/25 at 5 pm PST.

No comments: