Sunday, October 2, 2011

I'm going through changes.

So the blog revamp--what can you expect? Well, someday if I get off my lazy bum, I'll create a new header! (Submissions welcome.) The biggest change is a shift in focus. You may or may not have noticed the change in subhead from "Qui adore la mode" to "Qui adore la bonne vie." If you didn't don't worry. If you did, you get extra points*.

Sometimes "the good life" connotes an image of luxury and opulence, but fear not, that's not what I'm going for. Or maybe I am, but more in the way of everday luxuries. Recently I ran in a relay race called Reach the Beach. This is kind of shocking for a lot of reasons. First, it was my first race ever!

IMG_4323
Number 1 for first race, not for me being number one; although, I was pleased with my time.

Second, it was with STRANGERS! Seriously look at those silly kids!
IMG_4382

Third, it went on for more than 24 hours, and there were NO SHOWERS! (See post-race photo above. Be glad it's not scratch 'n' sniff.)

Needless to say, coming home to take a hot shower and put on clean pajamas was one of the most luxurious feelings ever. My bed has never felt so soft, my husband never so snuggly.

I'm so proud of myself for doing it; It was miles outside of my comfort zone, but I had a great time and met some amazing people.

Other everyday luxuries? The joy of riding a bike on a sunny day! Seriously, when was the last time you road a bike? It is so much fun. Also, eating good food. I know people say 'eat to live, don't live to eat," but food can be such a simple joy. (Cough, especially when it's plant-based whole foods, cough.) Seriously though, I've never felt better than when I'm eating real food. I'm not talking about health food necessarily either. Just simple ingredients.

Epic Win Oats 3

Don't worry, there will still be plenty of fashion, too, with a little beauty sprinkled in, because yes, I do know what the best vegan mascara is, and yes, I will share.

(Race photos courtesy of Steve Gintz)

*Point redeemable for photos of baby animals that I find on the internets.

No comments: