Monday, June 23, 2008

Chanel sale

I spent most of the day Saturday walking around taking pictures, but I did find time to stop in Chanel to see what this sale sign business was all about. I may have added to my scarf collection in the process. Most of the other sale items were still out of my league, but I did see a lovely pair of ballet flats that would have garnered more of my attention if I were on the market. That's right, I think I'm ready to make a commitment. With Lanvin ballet flats, ha! You didn't think I was talking romance, did you?

What else did I see? I ventured into the Public Garden where I was trigger happy; unfortunately, I didn't go to Boston Common where I would have seen a huge jewelry sale and most likely captured some superb photos.

Afterward, I ate on Newbury St at Piattini where I had one of the best dishes I have ever had. It had fried eggplant, smoked mozzarella, tomatoes, spinach, and a red sauce that I believe had truffle oil. Really, sitting in the afternoon sun sipping Sauvingon Blanc was delightful in and of itself.

I finished the day with a stroll through Copley Mall--how does that always happen? I didn't buy anything there, but I did get some magazines at the Barnes and Noble in the Prudential Center, and a couple of pictures as well. All in all, it was a glorious day, and it almost made up for the fact I spent the rest of the weekend working.

Sorry this isn't exactly a fashion-filled post; I will post more pictures of the tidbits I happened to pick up. Right now I'm in my PJs, and it's far too late to think about anything else.

No comments: