Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Sad Day for Fashion

Yves St. Laurent died Sunday in Paris at the age of 71.

I don't want to claim knowing more about this "fashion icon" than I do. For more information about his life and work, you may wish to check out the NY Times article here.

What I do know is that YSL has produced some of the most beautiful clothes, handbags, shoes, and accessories for years. I mention it to my mom, and she remembered receiving Rive Gauche from her mother. I'm glad I got my YSL Y-Mail French Purse when I did, and I continue to think that although it's pretty simple, it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I will upload a pic before too long, but until then I will leave you with the
Minaudiere Satin Clutch from this collection.
(Photo credit: Saks.com)

No comments: