Thursday, June 5, 2008

Zoinks!

Since I've been getting into the online fashion world, I've signed up for a few different shopping things, like ShopItToMe.com and Ideeli.com. Both are pretty cool. Ideeli gets various bags and bobbles that they sell at reduced rates, and Shop It To Me lets you put in name brands and stores of interest, and they send you an update of those items that are on sale. Well, today I got an email, and I was THRILLED to see this on sale at Bluefly.com. Unfortunately they do not have that item. Thus, I have been foiled by Shop It To Me, and I have a sinus infection, so I'm not feeling super cute or chic.

Maybe that's one of the reasons I invited my fashionable and super-talented interwebs pen pal Stephanie Lim to blog. I can't think of how many years I've known her, but it's been at least 5? I found her randomly on Live Journal, and I thought she was like the coolest person ever! Her artwork is super-rad and girlfriend knows how to accessorize. We've kept in touch since then, and when I started this venture, I immediately thought of her to post some of her style findings from San Francisco and lend her generally flawless opining. And, at the very least, she won't toy with your hearts, promising you on sale Chanel rings that aren't actually in stock. . .

EDIT: It was just a bad link! I just bought the ring!

P.S. What do you think about mixing gold and silver? I've been known to mix black and blue, brown and black--all kinds of faux pas! But I've never done that one too much--should I let go of this archaic fashion dictum?

(Photo credit: Chanel Dome ring, Bluefly.com)

No comments: